After Care for Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash Extensions are a high maintenance beauty treatment. They require very gentle care in order for the lashes to last longer and stay in good condition.
- Be gentle. Do not rub or pull on your eyelash extensions.
- Keep your Eyelash Extensions dry for 4-6 hours after your appointment.
- You may wash your face in the sink using a washcloth, avoiding the eye area.
- Keep all oil based products away from the eyes and remember that everything on your face will travel to the eye area.
- Oil WILL breakdown the adhesive and you will have premature lash extension loss.
- Your hands can get dirty, and dirt is oily, so you’ll want to keep your fingers off your eyes unless cleansing.
- Lash tinting will need to be done 24-48 hours before your lash fill appointments.
- No perming the lashes!
- No saunas, facials, or swimming within 4-6 hours of application.
- Do not stick your head in the oven when baking! It can singe your extensions! Turn your head away from the oven when putting anything in or pulling anything out.
- Do not use Eyelash Curlers.
- You should be careful and take specific care with makeup and remover.
- Do not use cotton on your lash extensions.
- Wash your lashes daily (after the initial 4-6 hours). Apply oil-free makeup remover with your fingers, rubbing gently down the lashes.
- Or you may apply oil-free makeup remover to your lashes using a disposable mascara wand. Spray onto wand, brush through lashes gently, and rinse with warm water.
- Mascara should be washable and cannot be waterproof.
- We recommend The Lashe Cleanser.
- We recommend The Lashe Mascara as it is designed to be worn with eyelash extensions and can be removed easily.
- Apply mascara to the tips of the lashes only. No need to swipe from bottom to top.
- Do not attempt to remove any lashes on your own, call us for an appointment.
- Brush your lashes daily.
1) We aren’t attaching airplane parts! Aggressive behavior towards the lashes will cause the lash extensions to come off.
2) Keep them dry for 4-6 hours after application. If you wear eye shadows and liners, you will need to keep it on or re-apply over it.
3) Keep oil off your lashes, including oils from your fingers.
4) If you wash them, you will wear them longer. Be sure to cleanse daily to remove oils.
5) Brushing solves most problems. Try brushing the lashes gently if you notice something amiss.